Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Laughter...

Laughter is probably one of my favorite sounds and laughing is definitely one of my favorite things to do.  There's nothing quite like a baby's giggle or the silent laughter that brings tears (the good kind :) to your eyes. 

Last night, I was watching two little boys that I've known since they were born.  Though they are eight and six now, I can still remember their baby laughs and their toddler giggles.  It was time for bed and the boys cuddled in together to read a book.  This alone was picture perfect--two energetic boys finally settling for the night.  As I watched them read, I couldn't help but smile.  Little did I know, it was going to get much, much better.  The boys had picked out a book called "I Stink," a sweet tale written from the perspective of a garbage truck.  As they read, doing their best impression of a garbage truck's voice, they started laughing... and laughing... and laughing...by this point, I was laughing too.  Their fit of laughter lasted for a solid two minutes before they could pull it together and continue reading.  Now, I don't know if it was the book or a case of the sleepy hahas but the boys continued to giggle as they finished up their nighttime readings.  After I tucked them in and kissed them goodnight, I headed downstairs, still smiling.
the boys
Today I'm collecting wishes about laughter.

Send me your wish and I might just send you a pie : )

2 comments:

  1. i wish for some side-splitting, tear-producing, out-of-control laughter in the near future : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, made me smile :-)

    I wish for world peace haha. Well I do ;-)

    ReplyDelete